Last updated: February 1, 2023
Information We Collect
The types of information that Figure collects includes, but is not limited to, the following categories below. We receive this information from consumers who provide this information directly to us.
● Contact Information such as your full name, email address, phone number, and physical address
● Demographic Information such as your gender, age and date of birth, for example, to tailor our future Services to you and to verify your age for certain age-restricted activities
● Device Information such as geolocation, if you allow us access to your location through your device permissions, to provide our future Services to you at a convenient location.
Information We Collect Automatically
As is true of most websites and applications, Figure’s website collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files for security, maintenance, and analytics purposes, or otherwise to develop and improve our Services. This information may include, but is not limited to:
● Internet protocol (IP) addresses,
● The region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet,
● Browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of Figure’s website, including a history of which pages within Figure’s website you view.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
How We Use Information
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
● To provide, maintain and improve our Services
● For marketing, research and analytics
● To develop new products and Services
● To protect the rights and property of Figure, our users, and others
● To detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, and security issues
● To comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements
● To carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, email, text message and other electronic messages, through our websites
● How We Share Information
Figure may share the information it collects about you in the following circumstances:
● Within Figure and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership
● With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf
● With your consent, including if you intentionally interact with third-parties on our site
● In connection with the sale, transfer or financing of a significant part of Figure business or its assets, including any such activities associated with a bankruptcy proceeding
● When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request
● As required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep the information we collect for as long as reasonably necessary to provide our Services to you, to operate our business, develop or improve the Services, to enable us to communicate with you, for our safety, research, evaluation of use, or troubleshooting purposes, or to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations. Where required, we will anonymize or dispose of the information we collect when we no longer need it for the uses described above.
Third Party Links and Services
You can make a request to access and change your personal information we store by contacting us via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To further protect privacy, these requests are subject to identity verification.
If you would like to update your preferences, or opt out of marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by contacting email@example.com, or by following the opt out instructions in the marketing communications. Please note that we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as important notices and transaction-related emails and other information about your use of the Services.
California residents have a right to knowledge, access, and deletion of their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
California residents also have a right to opt out of the sale of their personal information by a business, however Figure does not sell personal information.
When we say “Personal Information” in this disclosure, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
Your California Rights and Choices
This section describes the CCPA rights that you may have and explains how to exercise those rights. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these privacy rights and Figure does not discriminate in response to privacy rights requests.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, or Disclosed
You have the right to request up to twice in a 12-month period that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request, verify your identity and determine that we have your information, we will disclose to you the information you request in the following areas: (1) the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) the categories of sources for the Personal Information; (3) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information; and (5) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
Right to Delete Personal Information Collected or Maintained
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request, verify your identity and determine that we have your information, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception under the CCPA applies. In our response to your request to delete, we will specify the manner in which we have deleted your Personal Information or, if we must deny your deletion request, the basis for this refusal.
CCPA Privacy Choices With Other Companies
Please note that the privacy choices described above apply specifically to Figure and the personal information that Figure collects about you. We do not control the privacy practices of other companies, and therefore if you would like for your privacy choices to apply to other companies or to the personal information that we may hold as their service provider, then you will need to reach out directly to the other companies and submit your requests.
California “Shine The Light” Disclosure
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we do not disclose information of consumers from whom we directly collect data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Changes to this Policy